Optimized Shop Windows Lighting through light sensitive switches
- Shop owners need to light up the shop window at nightfall and save energy by automatically switching off the lighting late at night when the streets are empty.
- They also want to prevent the lighting from switching on non-working days.
Solution in brief
- Programmable light-sensitive automatically switch shop-window lighting according to brightness and/or the time of the day.
- This solution provides significant energy savings by limiting the shop window lighting only when exterior lighting level is below a pre-defined threshold. Compared to permanent lighting, savings can go up to 50% of the energy consumption.
- In addition, IC 2000p+ increases energy savings by automatically extinguishing the lighting when there are fewer passers-by (late at night and on non-working days for instance). These additional savings could be as high as a further 25% when switching the light off from 11:00 p.m. to 05:00 a.m.
Arquitectura de la aplicación EE
Main Energy Efficiency characteristics
In addition to significant energy savings, Automation provides:
- Excellent shop-window lighting as soon as night starts to fall.
- The shop-window is lit up after the shop is closed to allow window-shoppers to see the products on display.
- Implementation is extremely simple.
- The "override" function on the front face enables permanent lighting for cleaning and maintenance services.